I’m going to keep updating this post with all the wonderful things I love about being Liam’s mom.
- His smile and laughter.
- Tucking him into bed.
- When I’m burping him and he pats my back too.
- When I’m looking away at something else, look back at him, and realize he has just been staring at me the whole time.
- When he just looks at me with those eyes I can tell he loves me so much.
- Taking naps with him, his warm little body cuddled up to mine is the best feeling in the world.
- When I do something that he likes. I’ll do it over and over and over again.
- When he’s crying but doesn’t need anything, he just wants to be with me.
- Knowing all of his cues- when he’s tired, when he’s hungry, when he’s sleepy. I know the difference between every look and every little fuss.
- Waking up with him in the middle of the night. (Yep, I love this too!) It feels like there is nobody else in the world at that moment, just me and him.
- Taking baths together.
- Reading him stories and watching him giggle.
- Seeing him discover new things. He’s so amazed at his hands, he rolls over, he’s so interested in people and our animals, and he tries to mimic our words and faces.
- Watching him sleep so peacefully.
- When he’s nursing and smiles up at me.
- When I unswaddle him and he stretches sooooo big.
- When he smiles in his sleep I know he’s having happy dreams.